Pelloby gantry cranes range from small fixed single beams to travelling systems lifting capacities of more than 100 tonnes.
We’re one of the UK’s leading gantry crane manufacturers, working with both trade clients and end users to produce a variety of gantry lifting systems to serve all sorts of applications. We design every gantry crane we make to order, which means it comes tailored to your workplace.
What is a gantry crane?
The term gantry crane can be used to describe several different lifting systems, so in case you’re unclear it’s good to start with the question – what exactly is a gantry crane?
A gantry crane consists of a steel frame that has both a horizontal beam or beams (on which a hoist runs) and supporting upright columns. These columns can be static/fixed but more commonly are able to run on floor mounted rails or castor/tyred wheels. This definition of a gantry crane is often used interchangeably with the terms portal crane and Goliath crane.
NOTE: It is important understand the difference between a gantry crane and an overhead crane which refer to a system with a horizontal crane beam that travels along a supporting gantry steel work.
Types of gantry crane for sale
We offer several different kinds of gantry crane design, including:
- Standard gantry cranes – a fixed or travelling gantry frame consisting of two upright columns and a horizontal beam (as shown on this page)
- Semi-gantry cranes – a system which uses a combination of a floor mounted rail and an elevated rail.
- A-Frame gantry cranes – fixed and portable systems that can handle light or heavy loads.
Gantry crane UK design
When it comes to gantry design, our expertise are unmatched. We can a produce gantry crane to any size and capable of lifting any capacity in order to meet your precise specifications
As leading gantry crane manufacturers we have experience working across various sectors and industries, producing solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. We also fully load test every gantry crane we build, manage delivery, installation and offer service and support packages to ensure the safe working and ongoing maintenance are taken care of appropriately.
- Height of lift/max height: Any
- Span: Any
- Capacity (safe working load): From a few kg to over 100 tonnes
- Portability: Fixed, travelling, mobile*
- Column mounting types: Floor rail mounted, tyred wheels, castor wheels, bolted
- Long travel operation: Manual, electric, pneumatic
- Vertical hoisting operation: Manual, electric, pneumatic
- Hoist cross travel operation: Manual, electric, pneumatic
- Environments: Indoor, outdoor, marine, explosive
- Delivery, installation, testing & servicing: Available
* only available on certain designs.
Whatever your requirements, Pelloby will find a bespoke solution that works towards yours goals. We can customise every aspect of your gantry crane from the size and capacity down to the paint colour finish used.
To get a free gantry crane quotation, call our team on 01952 586626 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.