Pelloby are one of the UK’s leading overhead crane manufacturers, producing everything from manually operated lightweight systems to cranes with over 100 tonne capacities.
Pelloby has a wealth of expertise in designing, manufacturing and installing overhead cranes across various industries and workplaces across the UK and worldwide.
We produce overhead cranes of all sizes that can handle loads of any capacity, and work both directly with end users and trade resellers – no application is too big or too small. Every Pelloby overhead crane is custom designed and built to suit the specific nature of the task in hand.
What is an overhead crane?
First things first – overhead cranes can come in many shapes and sizes, so if you’re not certain on terminology it’s best to start by asking – what exactly is an overhead crane?
An overhead crane consists of two parallel runways which support a horizontal beam (often called the bridge or simply the crane) on which a hoist or hoists run. The supporting runways can be attached to the building walls or columns at a raised level, or be supported themselves by a series of columns (often called ‘free standing gantry steelwork’).
The crane bridge will usually be able to move up and down the runways (what is known as long travel) and a single pair of runway beams can support multiple crane bridges if needed.
Overhead cranes, particularly when supported by gantry steelwork, are often confused with, with gantry cranes (where the crane’s columns travel longitudinally and form a single structure with the bridge to straddle a gap).
Whether you’re after a crane bridge, runway beams or gantry steelwork – Pelloby can help with anything from an entire new overhead crane system to a few spare parts.
Types of overhead cranes:
We design overhead cranes to meet any and every lifting requirement. Here’s a breakdown of the different models we offer:
- Single girder overhead cranes – The basic overhead crane design featuring a single beam with a hoist running off it.
- Double girder overhead cranes – Two beams running side by side, normally with a crab hoist unit running between them – specified for higher capacities.
- Process overhead cranes – Designed specially to suit critical industrial processes across various sectors.
- Top running overhead cranes – Specified as standard in most cases this refers to when the crane beam sits on top of the runway beams.
- Underslung overhead cranes – The opposite of top running systems, the crane ‘hangs’ below the runway, usually specified to maximise headroom.
Overhead crane design options
Every Pelloby overhead crane is custom designed and built to suit the customer’s requirements.
- Height of lift/max height: Any
- Span: Any
- Capacity (safe working load): From a few kg to over 100 tonnes
- Gantry steel work: Raised runway beams or freestanding gantry steel work
- Long travel operation: Manual, electric, pneumatic
- Vertical hoisting operation: Manual, electric, pneumatic
- Hoist cross travel operation: Manual, electric, pneumatic
- Environments: Indoor, outdoor, marine, explosive
- Delivery, installation, testing & servicing: Available
Why buy a Pelloby overhead crane?
When you purchase a Pelloby overhead crane, you also benefit from our complete project management experience. This not only covers design and manufacture, but also delivery, installation, load testing, and final commissioning.
Our overhead cranes can be designed with a series of optional extras, including pendant or remotes controls, walkways for easy access, floodlights, laser sensors and other anti-collision features. Whatever the application, Pelloby can ensure you receive the perfect overhead crane lifting solution.
Pelloby Kinematic Drive System
All of our overhead cranes benefit from the Pelloby Kinematic Drive System, which uses advanced inverter technology to offer variable speed control on the crab as it moves along the beam for a superior operating performance.
Take a look at this short video showing the movement of an newly installed overhead crane which spans the width of the building its housed in:
To receive a free overhead crane quotation or to simply discuss your lifting requirements with one of our experts, get in touch today on 01952 586626 or email email@example.com.
Pelloby Overhead Crane Brochure
Click the image on the right to view our overhead crane brochure for a summary of our production skills and design capabilities within this area.
This brand new brochure outlines the types of overhead cranes available and the follow up support offered by our service department.