Cranes are built to be durable and long lasting in order to deal with the wear and tear of their daily applications, but when the operational needs of a company can change rapidly sometimes cranes also need updating.
In these circumstances crane refurbishment or crane modernisation work can be undertaken to give your existing lifting systems a new lease of life. This is often a more cost-effective way for businesses to meet their goals compared to ordering a brand new crane.
Crane modernisation for any system
We offer crane refurbishment and modernisation support for all common types of cranes including jibs, overheads, gantries and monorails. Our expertise are not limited to cranes that were originally produced by Pelloby, we can also refurbish systems made by other manufacturers.
Crane refurbishment examples
Some of the most common crane refurbishment projects we get asked to help with include:
- Uprating a crane by increasing its lifting capacity.
- Relocating a crane within an existing premises to repurpose it for developing business requirements – click here to read a case study.
- Reinforcing gantry steelwork to support additional or increased capacity cranes – click here to read a case study.
- Repositioning or removing cranes when a company moves into a new factory, warehouse or workshop.
- Elongating gantry steelwork to extend a crane’s travelling capabilities.
- Replacing or updating hoisting equipment.
- Upgrading or modernising control equipment.
- Adding slew stops to jib cranes.
- Adding end stops to overhead cranes.
- Crane automation – introducing power to a crane that was previously manually operated.
Have you got a lifting system that you think could benefit from crane modernisation or refurbishment work? Get in touch with our team today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, calling 01952 682 072 or filling out our online enquiry form.
Pelloby Service and Support Flyer
Click the image on the right to view our crane service and support brochure for an overview of our expertise in this area.
This brand new piece of literature outlines our repairs, maintenance, training and inspection capabilities.